The 2023 CAN-TECH Law Fall Conference will run from October 25 to 26, with in-person and virtual options. Please note all times are Eastern.
1 Hour of EDI.
1 Hour and 30 Minutes of Professionalism.
18 Hours and 15 Minutes of Substantive.
Leading topics will include:
- Legal Generative AI: Managing Practice and Ethical Risks for Lawyers
- Regulatory Reporting Report Card: guidance from behind the curtain on data breach
- Lifecycle of Technology Contracts: Navigating Provisions from Negotiation to Litigation
- The Law of Robotics: Technological and Legal Challenges Impacting Humanity?
- Children's Privacy: Codes and Beyond
- IP in the Metaverse
- Regulatory Landscape of Digital Tokens in Canada: From Bitcoin to NFTs
- Quebec Privacy Update
- Understanding Obligations, Weighing Risks and Preparing for Change under the Proposed Critical Cyber Systems Protection Act
- Governing Laws: Hear from Local Tech Counsel on What You Risk When You Stray from Your Province
- Strengthening the External and In-House Counsel Partnership: Insights and Operational Realities
- Ransomware Attack: Can You Negotiate Your Way Out?
- How to Tackle Micro-Inequities as Lawyers: Practical Tips for Your Workplace
- Generative AI: Show and Tell
For Final Program Details: Read More Here
CAN-TECH Law IN-PERSON or VIRTUAL CONFERENCE OPTIONS:
Member Conference only:
Member Conference and 2024 membership renewal:
- CAN-TECH Law Member : $1,695 + tax
- CAN-TECH Law Member (In-house/Gov) : $975 + tax
- Student : $300 + tax
- CAN-TECH Law Member Bundle (Under 5 Years) : $1,845 + tax
- CAN-TECH Law Member Bundle (Over 5 Years) : $1,970 + tax
- CAN-TECH Law Member Bundle (In-House/Gov) : $1,150 + tax
- Student Bundle : $330 + tax
Non-member Conference only:
- Non-member : $1,895 + tax
- Non-member (In-house/Gov) : $1,275 + tax
- Student : $300 + tax
Non-member Conference and 2023/2024 membership:
- Non-Member Bundle (Under 5 Years) : $1,845 + tax
- Non-Member Bundle (Over 5 Years) : $1,995 + tax
- Non-member Bundle (In-house/Gov) : $1,175 + tax
- Student Bundle : $330 + tax
- Please note the Conference recordings (to be made available a few weeks after the conference) will automatically be provided access at no extra cost to all in-person and virtual registrants.
2023 CAN-TECH LAW FALL CONFERENCE DINNER
Join us for an exclusive dinner event following the cocktail reception at the CAN-TECH Law Fall Conference. This dinner is not just about the delightful three-course meal or the two complimentary drink tickets; it's an opportunity to network with peers, engage in insightful discussions, and relax in a refined space after a day filled with learning and interaction.
- Dining Experience: Enjoy a meticulously crafted three-course meal that showcases a blend of traditional and contemporary culinary techniques.
- Beverage Selection: We've curated a range of beverages to complement your meal, including fine wines and refreshing sparkling drinks, ensuring there's something to suit every palate.
- Networking Opportunities: The CAN-TECH Law Conference Dinner is more than just food and drink; it's a platform for meaningful interactions. Engage in insightful conversations, share experiences, and build connections with fellow attendees, industry leaders, and speakers.
Date & Time: October 25, 2023 - 7-9 p.m.
Location: The Great Hall, Hart House
Price: $130 plus HSTIncludes:
- Three-course dinner.
- Fine wine and drink options.
- Networking and socializing with colleagues thought-leaders alike.
VIRTUAL CONFERENCE ACCESS INFORMATION:
- Details on how to access will be emailed to all registrants well in advance of the proceedings. The details will be emailed to the address entered when registering for the conference. Be sure to check your spam folder! If you are not able to locate the access information by 9 a.m., October 20, please email email@example.com. It is the responsibility of the registrant to make sure they have the access information.
- It is up to each registrant to ensure they have a strong internet connection prior to the event. Please be sure to test your connection well in advance.
PLEASE REVIEW IF ATTENDING IN-PERSON - SAFETY FIRST:
- The venue will be following all local government protocols. See here
- Stay home/participate virtually if you feel unwell or are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms. If unwell, we ask you to complete a COVID-19 test and quarantine until a negative result is confirmed. If needed, COVID-19 tests can be purchased locally. Please note, with currently circulating COVID-19 variants, it is common for rapid tests to be unable to detect COVID-19 until several days into infection – hence even if you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and are testing negative, please participate virtually.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION AVAILABLE HERE.
Interested in sponsoring the 2023 CAN-TECH Law Fall Conference? See the above link for details on sponsorship opportunities, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Terms and Conditions
The Canadian Technology Law Association (“CAN-TECH Law”) will share the names and business contact information of registrants of the CAN-TECH Annual Conference (“Registrant Information”) with the following parties:
(1) other registrants for the purposes of professional networking and business opportunities; and
(2) sponsors for the purpose of providing you with marketing materials.
The CAN-TECH Annual Conference will be video recorded and may be shared with audiences live or post event. In attending the CAN-TECH Annual Conference, you acknowledge and agree that you may be recorded. All recordings may be used by CAN-TECH Law for marketing purposes and sales of archived recordings.